Tuesday 25 December 2012

chicken noodle soup

Sooooo,
while I was making roast chicken roll I got some bones and chicken meat left that I saved and made this easy but tasty soup.
It has only few ingredients but I love it and make it quite often regardless if I have bones left from cooking some other dish or just some chicken pieces.
So while preparing other ingredients I put all my chicken left overs in a big pot covered it with water, added some salt and let it boil to cook.
so other ingredients that you will need:
1 medium potato, peeled and cut, I usually cut it french fries style, just like it this way
1 medium onion, finely sliced
1 big garlic clove, chopped
a couple of bay leaves
5-7 peppercorns
2 tbsp dried mushroom powder
2 handful of vermicelli or ABC pasta

Preparation:
when the chicken it ready I take it out to cool a bit leaving only the broth. Add some boiled water if there is not enough broth left. Bring to boil and add potato, onion, garlic, bay leaves, black pepper and mushroom powder. Stir and leave to cook. Sometimes I add about 1/2 grated carrot but I didn't have any left this time. When the potato is almost ready add pasta. If you use vermicelli it is enough just to bring to boil and cook for 1 minute then turn the heat off and let it stand for some time. With other small pasta I would recommend to cook for a couple of minutes.
Separate chicken meat from bones and add the meat to the soup.
Voila!!! It is ready. Enjoy!

** Someone must be asking where do I get this mushroom powder. Well first it is absolutely optional, second I just dried some mushrooms (button mushrooms, brown mushrooms) and then ground them in a coffee grinder. Simple as it is.

That's all for now...
see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...