Friday 21 December 2012

easy garlic yogurt roast chicken

Hello everyone, anyone. :)
I was a bit busy yesterday so didn't have much time to think of complicated multiple dish dinner. I had some half frozen chicken thighs in the fridge and knew I was gonna make something with them. As the time was coming closer to my husband to come home I needed something quick and easy while I was on my project. (seems like crafting is more important than eating? ;))
So I just made fast yogurt marinade, washed thighs, left the skin on, tossed them in yogurt, let them to sit there for a while, put them in the oven and cooked. I was actually still kind of busy with my project and then with my baby.

So you will need:
8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on (900g)
350 - 400 grams plain yogurt
5-6 medium size garlic cloves
25-35 black and white whole peppercorns (about 1 tsp I would say)
1 tsp sea salt (I used fine one, but coarse will do as well)
20-25 whole coriander seeds (I guess it is about 1/3 teaspoon)
your mortar, deep bowl and oven.

First a washed chicken, left the skin on, it helps to preserve juices inside chicken.
Put pepper, salt, coriander and garlic cloves in your mortar and make paste. (I have a marble mortar which I really love but it is a bit noisy. Using it becomes a big issue when my baby is asleep, so I usually go to the room, not the one where my baby is sleeping, sit on the carpeted floor and mash everything. this way it is much quieter and easier. Well at least for me.) Anyways.

After making a paste, mix it with yogurt in a deep bowl, toss the chicken in and let it marinade for some time. I would say 30 minutes at least.
When the chicken is ready to be cooked, place it on the oven tray and bake at 200C.
I usually have some yogurt left, after about 20 minutes in the oven I put the rest of yogurt marinade on the chicken.
After 35 minutes of cooking the thighs were getting beautiful golden color from outside but were not yet cooked through, so I decreased the temperature to 180C for additional 15 minutes or so. I am not sure how long it was in the oven but it is easy to check if your chicken is cooked through. Just prick it with a fork and if the juices run out clear, without blood then it is all done and yummy.
Hope you will enjoy this recipe.

Let me know if you liked it.

By now take care there...

P.S. Sorry, no picture. We ate it (not the picture of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...