Sunday 10 March 2013

chocolate passion cupcake

uffff it's been a while since my last visit. That's what happens when you get into housework and making projects as well as meeting with friends and taking care of a baby. :)
Well in addition to all the above we got really sick.
Anyway I hope I will keep on posting my thoughts, recipes and other stuff more regularly and often from now on.
I had some friends over yesterday for a surprise party and really wanted to make something really yummy for a dessert both for us adults and kids.

I came across the recipe for this chocolate goodness a couple of weeks ago and since then have been looking for a good excuse to make these delicious cupcakes. And finally I got one!!!
I guess it is true that if you make your food with love, passion and enjoyment it will come out million times better and yummier.
To start with the batter smelled so good that I could at it without even baking. The cupcakes came out so perfect and smooth. That was my second temptation to eat them all. Plus this scrumptious chocolate ganache which is not too much and not too little. Just the right amount to enjoy.

You dig into this little chocolate dream and here is yet another surprise with totally different flavor. Salted caramel filling oozing out.

mmmmmmm
I think I need to go make some more right now.
They look so classy, people will ask which place you got them from.
I came across this recipe in one of the magazines I get every week and usually they lack instructions, call for crazy, hard to find ingredients or just not to my taste. But this pretty sweet dish turned out to be amazingly good.

My friends and their husbands loved these cupcakes as well.
When I first saw the picture I thought it might be time and effort consuming to make those but once I started I realized it is not that difficult after all. Besides all this chocolate and caramel aromas filling the air make you overwhelmed with positive emotions and good mood. I might sound a bit crazy but I do love and enjoy cooking.
So if you'd like some really good petite desserts to please your close ones as well as your own taste buds this one is a keeper.
Try and see for yourself.


Chocolate passion cupcakes

Ingredients:

batter:
50g cocoa powder
100ml hot water
100g butter, softened
200g fine sugar
2 eggs
170g flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp baking powder

caramel filling:
half a tin dulce de leche
1tsp sea salt (fine or flakes), use to taste

chocolate ganache:
100ml cream
200g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces



Preparation:

  1. Combine cocoa powder and water and mix until smooth and without lumps. Let it cool.
  2. Beat together butter and sugar until well mixed and pale. Gradually add eggs. Sift dry ingredients (flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder). Using a metal spoon or a rubber spatula carefully fold the cocoa mixture until well combined.
  3. Preheat oven to 180C. Line 23-24 cupcake cases. Place about a tbsp of the mixture in each case. (I fill them half way. This way after the batter is baked into a perfect size cupcake - not too big and not too little). Bake your cupcakes for 20 minutes. Remove and leave to cool on a wire rack.
  4. In the meantime combine dulce de leche and salt. Start with small amount of salt and gradually add more until you reach the desired taste and flavor.
  5. You can either remove the center of the cupcake and fill it with salted caramel, then use the removed tops as lids or using a long thin piping nozzle insert it in the center of each cupcake and pipe some of the caramel filling inside. I use the second way as it is easier and faster for me. As well as less messy.
  6. To make ganache heat the cream until almost boils. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate. Stir until it forms smooth mass without lumps. If it seems very runny in the beginning don't worry it will thicken as the chocolate melts into the cream. Allow the cool slightly and using the back of a metal spoon frost each cupcake. Arrange this yummy goodness and leave to set before serving.
Enjoy with a cup of your favorite tea or just like that.

I couldn't stop only on one dessert so I decided to try making cake pops for the kids. Don't judge very strictly it was my first attempt.




That's all for now...
take care there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...