Sunday 10 March 2013

turkey asparagus easy pasta

Hi there some dear readers.
While running some errands today morning I didn't even notice how hours flew by and it was already lunch time. I realized I was so hungry and I needed something quick but yummy. I got some turkey breast and beautiful asparagus which I've been wanting to use for some time.

So I took some turkey breast (chicken will do as well) sliced it thinly across to make kind of small medallions. Marinated for about 10 minutes and fried turning once. Since the pieces are thin it takes only about 1,5 minutes on each side.
While I was cooking the turkey, I slices mushrooms and cut asparagus into halves. Put big pot of water on heat to boil with a little bit of salt. Once water boiled I cooked pasta, adding asparagus for the last 2 minutes of cooking time.
I took out the greens first and then drained pasta.
When the turkey was ready I just removed it from the pan. I put mushrooms in the same pan, fried for 3-4 minutes, then added cream, brought to simmer and then mixed in Parmesan cheese. I removed it from the heat.
Meanwhile I cup the turkey pieces into bite sizes and preheated the oven to 180-200C. I took ovenproof medium size rectangular dish. I first put the turkey, then drained pasta, poured the gooey mushroom sauce and arranged asparagus right on top. Cover with grated cheese and put in oven. Since all the ingredients are already cooked it just needs the time for the cheese to melt and get beautiful golden color.
And voila you have fast, beautiful and yummy dish.
This amount is actually enough for about 3 people, but it all depends how much you eat and how hungry you are. ;)

Ingredients:


250g turkey breast thinly sliced

marinade:
3 garlic cloves, crushed
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsp light olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
½ tsp dry rosemary

cream sauce:
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup cream
about 1 full tbsp Pasmesan cheese

10-11 springs asparagus
3 quite generous handfuls of pasta

At least 1/2 cup grated cheese

I hope you'll enjoy this quick fix.
For the dessert I had these s'more brownies.

You can fine the original recipe here. The taste was nice, however, I will adjust it to my liking a bit. So the recipe to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...