Tuesday 12 March 2013

out and about my garden

Good morning, afternoon or evening or maybe even good night.
Hope you all are in good health and good mood.
We have recently moved to a new place and now I have a lawn and an open space to put all my plants out and grow new ones. That's my daughter helping me with some weeds



So yesterday was my gardening day.
I do water my plants every morning which also gives me a chance to enjoy lovely weather and breath fresh air and have a quiet minute while my baby is still asleep.
Besides I sprouted some tomatoes and as I forgot about them for quite some time they started growing in a bag which was NOT good at all. I remember I bought those beautiful local tomatoes and couldn't help but scoop out the seeds, dry them and soak in a damp kitchen towel. So now they did their work and it was time for me to give them more room to grow.
As the place they started growing was small and dark they were pretty weak and I don't really expect many of them survive in fresh air with full sunlight. It is a shock for them. I know it is totally my fault and it is unacceptable. Lesson learned (hopefully).
Here they are my little poor weak tomatoes.

Update on my tomatoes available here.

I also had to separate some lemons that grew. Here they are little green beauties.

I put all the seeds out of a store bought lemon in one place so they sprouted all together and after some time were begging to separate them. Now, for those of you who are familiar with growing lemons, I am fully aware that I won't get any fruit bearing plants or it will take sooooo long and the fruit will be so different which makes it the same as no fruit. I am actually planting them for the sake of planting and growing. And was just interested how fast or how slow in that case lemons grow.
Here they are separated and happy.


Here is something that I guess is a watermelon or a melon. Someone dropped a seed into my herb pot so it started growing. Now I am so interested what it is that I had to keep it but take it out from my herbs as it was taking more and more space in a little pot.
hmmmm on second thought it also can be a bean. Let's see what will grow out of this little chap.

Apart from beautiful weather that day I had another true reason to start planting and replanting. I have this beautiful climber which is growing, climbing and blooming. And dropping seeds which also start growing. I got 5 new little plants.

Since I know it will get more seeds and plants, I promised to give some to my friend. She has a beautiful porch but I just can't see some artificial flowers hanging around there.
So when my little seedlings grew bigger and stronger like that.


I decided to separate them, to give them space to grow bigger and to be able to bring one to my friend's house. Oh by the way they have beautiful purple flowers that can be seen mostly early morning.

While enjoying the sight of these cuties I noticed little buddy who I guess got a bit lost in a flower. And since I'm in love with photography and I got this wonderful macro lens I HAD to take its picture.
Here it is.

I guess I will stop right here for now.
I think I will share some thoughts and pictures of my flowers next time.
Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas what I can try to sprout. (still have to try peaches, plums and some herbs). But let's see when I get time for this.
That's all for now...
take care.




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...